Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 1

It's been about one year and ten months  since I went abroad last tme.

After work on the 17th, I went out for dinner and headed for Haneda Airport.

This  time I sent my suit case to the airport on last Sunday because it is rather hard to walk around with a heavy suitcase during rush hour. I compared the cost and chose Yamato unyu which is known as Kuroneko Yamato.
Since I got a delivery notice to my house, I have been worried, but it was not a suitcase delivery but other security valued goods, I think it must be a card which I had to register the membership for Kuroneko Yamato.
I ordered address printed service, but unfortunately it was not valid for round trip services.  They offered cheaper price for round trip service rather than one way each service so I ordered both ways.

I arrived at the airport about three hours earlier than my flight. After picking up the suitcase, I could checkin soon.
However during these two years United Airline became a partner of Continental, therefore my mileage plus card was invalid.  They do not issue any card, so we need to memorize the code number by ourselves.

After passing the immigration, I tried to buy insurance by machines. However the prices were more expensive than I thought, and I gave up buying there.

Then I went to the airport lounge by using Citibank's gold card and had drinks and ordered Insurance through Internet.  The cost was about a half of that by machine. Furthuermore they have a discount for repeaters, so I hope to use them from now on.

My flight was scheduled to leave at 01:00 AM  on February 18 and my seat was middle unfortunately. 
There were two meals.
I watched two movies, Grand Budapest Hotel and Boyhood.  Both were the ones I missed watching, so I was glad to see them, though the former was somehow different from my expectations.

It took about 8 hours 51 minutes from Haneda Airport to  my favorite San Francisco, and I arrived at San Francisco around 5 pm.
Immigration procedure took nearly one hour to pass.  I picked up the suitcase and deposit it again.

The flight from San Francisco to Lis Angeles was about one hour and a half.

I have 30 hours  February 17.

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment